Recently, more and more Yandex browser users are facing the problem of blocking downloads from the Web. The “Download interrupted” error may occur when downloading all files or certain data. In the article we will tell you in detail about all the reasons for this situation, as well as all the solutions to this blocking.
Why does the browser interrupt the download?
It should be noted right away that Yandex browser itself works quite stably, and nobody is immune to errors. The main factors for the appearance of the failure are three – incorrect boot folder settings, the effect of antivirus, critical problems with the stability of the network. All these points should be checked.
We will immediately avoid the option that the computer is corny there is no free space for new files. Before performing the following steps, open “My Computer” and see how much free space is available on each disk. Especially we are interested in the section on which the boot folder of the Yandex browser is located. By default, this is the Downloads folder on drive C.
- If the location is critically small – release it, or change the default folder for Yandex. We will talk about this change below.
Network Stability Test
Very often, downloading can be interrupted due to unstable connection and frequent loss of transmitted packets. A situation is possible in which the network indicator on the Desktop does not indicate a problem, but in fact there are long delays. The same can be observed at a very low speed. To exclude this option, do the following:
- It is necessary to start the command line, for this, in the “Run” enter the command CMD in Latin.
- In the popup menu, enter: ping google.com -t.
- Next, analyze the connection – the picture should be stable, and the number of lost packets is minimal. Also pay attention to the response time (ms) – this parameter is on average 30-50 ms.
In case of an unstable picture, be sure to perform the following steps:
- Unplug the units from the outlet for 5-10 minutes power supply of the router or network. This action is especially true for dynamic IP. Do the same with a PC or laptop.
- Be sure to test the option of connecting the cable to a PC without a router.
- The channel may be clogged with garbage and extra cache. To do this, run the ipconfig / flushdns command in the same console.
Erasing the DNS Data Cache
- If these three items do not help – call the operator your Network. Explain to the provider the situation – let it ping your grid and give clues.
Checking the Yandex browser settings
Another, less frequent, reason is the problem with the download-folder, which is where any download from the Yandex Browser is. Such a folder can be deleted, changed in the name, or moved. Be sure to check the following:
- In the browser, you drive this path into the address bar: browser: // settings /.
- Scroll down and open “Advanced settings” where the “Downloaded files” item will be displayed.
- Browse the folder and, if necessary, specify a new one.Change Downloads folder to another
- It is desirable that the default folder (” Downloads “on drive C), but you can set your own.
- After, try a new download.
Download is interrupted due to antivirus and
Another point – to scan all active downloads browser protection (Protect) or Antivirus on your PC. This check is associated with a large number of file sharing services, on which it is possible to pick up a virus. If the antivirus thinks that you are trying to add an infected file to the system, it automatically stops the download.
If you are sure that you want to throw it onto your computer, then do the following:
- Disable the antivirus completely while the download is activated, and
- Go to browser: // protect / and uncheck the check item for downloading data.Disabling verification of downloaded data
- In some cases x influence the downloaded files can be pre-installed extensions and plugins in the browser. Open the address browser: // tune / – examine the list – turn off extra extras – try.
Please note, if your file is actually infected, it can contain bound trojans, worms and backdoors. A shutdown antivirus will skip such an installation. I would recommend changing the resource from which you download the data.
What else can I do?
- Be sure to check for up-to-date updates for the Yandex.Browser program. Go to browser: // help / – there will be indicated the status of updates. In theory, the update option should be enabled automatically.
- It is advisable to fix the registry and perform the removal of the common system cache. For this purpose, the CCleaner program will work fine.
- In especially severe cases, the “Download interrupted” crash appears due to the user’s bit folder, which is bound to the browser. In this case, it is necessary to open the Settings again, where to delete the user.
- After deleting the user, make sure to do a thorough cleaning of Yandex: open the history (CTRL + H) – click on the clear on the right – clear the cache and cookies for the whole time.
Clearing history, cache and cookies in Yandex browser
- Well, if nothing helps, then the problem lies in the bit program. You will only have to do a full reset of the browser, or a full reinstallation of the browser. Keep in mind – only official source should serve as the source of the new installation.
- If you have never paid attention to the viral purity of your PC, I highly recommend performing a comprehensive scan through the AdwCleaner and MalwareBytes scanners. Such scanners are relevant in the fight against viruses that clog network screens – which also affects the download process.
All these solutions will help fix the download error “Download interrupted,” and if you have any difficulties, please write in the comments below. We all read, analyze everything, try to help.